Friday, August 29, 2008

Led Zeppelin In Studio

15th Album Up In Air

That's right, you're reading the truth. Led Zeppelin is back in the studio. However, there's a catch or two:
  • Robert Plant is a no-show. He's not a part of this session...yet.
  • An album seems unlikely at this point.
Let me elaborate a bit more. Jason Bonham (John's son) told 94.7 WCSX in Detroit that writing new material was "on the cards" since the band's reunion show in London last December.

At the moment, all I know is I have the great pleasure to go and jam with the two guys and start work on some material.

When I get there [in the studio] I never ask any questions. If I get a phone call to go and play, I enjoy every moment of it.

Whatever it ends up as, to ever get a chance to jam with two people like that, it is a phenomenal thing for me. It’s my life. It’s what I’ve dreamed about doing.

Lots of politics [would need to] get ironed out [before an album could be made].


- Jason Bonham


As for Robert Plant, I hope he's not trying to follow Axl Rose's idea. You know, the one where you alienate and discredit band members and make it clear that no reunion will ever happen. Plant seems to be on good terms with Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Bonham so I believe that an album is entirely possible but I can't promise anything. Let's all just hope it's not another one of these situations.

Don't forget to leave a comment about news, links, corrections, greetings, etc.

Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe to PerfecTunes. (?)

0 comments: