Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The End of TRL

Yes, I realize this is a shock. But there is no need to worry. It's not going to happen tomorrow, or even next week. MTV will air TRL (Total Request Live) until some time in November. This isn't just hearsay either. Executive producer Dave Sirulnick said that himself.

I don't know about you, but I quit watching TRL for good about 7 years ago. In fact, I pretty much stopped watching MTV as a whole at the same time. They're getting ridiculous. The majority of the shows they air have nothing to do with music. What does MTV stand for now? Meaningless TeleVision? Seriously, Viacom, you must be stupid. Stick to the roots or change the name. VH1 used to be halfway bearable but even they're catching up with the pointless shows. Granted, Viacom owns them both.

The only music channel I'll watch at this point is Palladia (formerly MHD). A few of you might not have the liberty of watching this HD channel but if you have it, I highly recommend it. Nothing but music. The way it should be.

Come November, MTV will have one less music-related show to air and they'll probably fill that slot with Cribs reruns or a throw-back Engaged and Underage. I'm sure Carson Daly is glad he left when he did.

Don't forget to leave a comment about news, links, corrections, greetings, etc.

Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe to PerfecTunes. (?)

0 comments: